Wednesday, October 29, 2008

FLU SEASON!?!?


Our precious girl is now snuggling up to her baby with her nice warm blanket in her bed sleeping (makes me want to go join her)....bless her little heart. I hope she's feeling back to her normal soon. I hate seeing her like this.

Tis the season. Kinzi is once again SICK!!! I thought we were through being sick for the year. (She was sick with a viral infection about 3-4 weeks ago and that lasted for a full week) I even got our Flu Shots early this year to avoid getting getting the flu. Well, it didn't work. The poor thing started getting sick again on Sunday as soon as we got home from church. With NO warning she is throwing up. She just can't get a break. At least this time there are no fevers, blisters in and on her month, swollen gums nor sore throats. This time she's been vomiting, not eating (of all things she wants it's a bottle with milk, the worst possible thing) nor can she get comfortable and hasn't been sleeping...and you know what that means...if she doesn't sleep, neither do you. There's nothing fun about having to watch a video at 4:30 A.M....and then deciding after 2 minutes it's not what she wanted and she wants to go back to bed. Then she's out. By that time I'm awake and it takes FOREVER to get back to sleep, and then the process starts all over again. But it's Wednesday and I think she's on the down side of things. She's starting to eat a bit more and she's finally starting to sleep. YEA!!!! She slept through the night last night. (oh I can't tell you how much I love that) I don't handle having to get up numerous times at night cleaning up vomit, then giving her a bath cuz we didn't catch it in time and then having to throw in a load of laundry with all the towels, sheets and pj's that ended up getting dirty. I've lost count at how many loads of laundry that I've done this week and I'm still not done.

Here she is a couple weeks ago with her sores....They were awful!!

(notice her chipped tooth...I have no clue where or when that happened)

Here she is on the couch either watching "The Letter Factory" or "The Little Playdates" she can get enough of watching these videos.




3 comments:

Kori said...

I feel your pain!!! It seems my little Jack is always sick this time of year too! Glad to hear Kinzi is on the uphill to feeling better, I hope you get some more sleep!

Anonymous said...

Poor little girl. Those pictures are so sad... I am so glad she is feeling better.
Love ya
Kim

Katie Wolfley said...

Man whatever is going around this year is nasty! I am glad to hear Kinzi is doing better though. I feel ya about the waking up at night, it is such a tease when they sleep through the night & then all of the sudden decide not to! The joys of motherhood!