Wednesday, May 27, 2009

The Dreaded Cast

I was totally mistaken by thinking Kinzi would turn back into her normal self once she had her cast on. It took her over a week and a half to start walking on it. The whole week in San Diego she REFUSED to walk on it. Everyone tried to get her to take some steps and we all encouraged her and tried to make it exciting but she wanted NOTHING to do with it. She is so stubborn. I think she gets that from Todd. :) :)
On Saturday we get to the airport to leave and Todd and I are trying once again to get her to walk on it. Todd asks her to throw something away in the trash can around the corner and she takes it and starts walking. We couldn't believe it. She waits until we leave to go home to start walking. I guess I shouldn't complain. She walking right???



Here she is at the condo. I gave in with the whole binkie thing. I HATE the binkie. I don't have the patience to wing her off it. At home she only gets it at bed time. But on vacation she got it whenever she wanted it, I couldn't take the whinning. It seemed like it never ended. So I LOVED the binkie that week.



Logan and Kinzi

Today Kinzi got her cast off and they put her in a boot. I haven't taken any pictures of her in the boot yet but it's a lot bigger then the cast. I thought for sure she'd wait another week to start walking again but she's getting around in it pretty good. So 3 more weeks with the boot and we should be good to go. Luckily we can take it off at bed time, bath time and going to the pool. She seems to be much happier with this. She took about a half hour bath tonight. She loves to soak in the tub.

4 comments:

Kori said...

Glad to hear she got her cast off and that she can get in the tub and stuff! My kids would do horrible with something like that, they love bath time a little too much! it looks like you had a lot of fun in San Diego. Take care!

Hollyween said...

SO HORRID that she has to have a cast! You poor thing! You see, I almost feel more sorry for YOU than for HER! Who wants to lug around their two year old even more than they already do?

Yup. I'm a bad mom.

Nick's Mom said...

My sister's oldest had a binkie till she was five. They came up with something called the "binkie fairy " and it worked great, I'll tell you whole story when your completely ready to throw in the towel...glad to hear she got her cast off and is back to her old self! Take Care!

Anonymous said...

I will when her off the binky, once she sucks c=ck and gets some c-m in her mouth she will never want a binky again