Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas in Boise

Todd and I were lucky to be able to take the week before Christmas off and head to Boise to be with family. We left the Thursday before Christmas, hurrying to miss the big storm that was to come through on Friday. (Not sure if it ever came through but who cares, I got to leave work a day early)
We spent the week getting last minute items and spending time with family. Luckily I had finished most of my shopping before we got to Boise, but NOT Todd. He hadn't even started so on Saturday he and his Dad spent the day shopping and then on Monday his sister was nice enough to go with him. (I'm not a big fan of shopping with Todd) He enjoys getting everyone a "UNIQUE" gift, not something they want or would expect. Me on the other hand likes to get everyone what they want and not what they don't want. But he always ends up getting good gifts. I've never been disappointed. Except this year, don't know what he was thinking with the 2 turtle neck sweaters he got me....???? Thank goodness for exchanges. (I still love you though babe, there is always next year to redeem yourself) But I did LOVE everything else you got me!!!! THANK YOU

My mother-in-law had decided to surprise Kinzi and Logan (my sister-in-law Tonya's son) with a play kitchen. So Clancey (my father-in-law) spent around 3 hours putting it together and kept in hidden in their basement for the big surprise on Christmas morning. Well.....it didn't quite work out that way. Kinzi and Logan love to play on the stairs and one afternoon the door to the basement was left open and they of coarse spotted that and headed straight for the basement. Sally had been watching the kids and thought they were playing nicely in the bedroom with all the other toys. I had just finished shopping with my mom and came home and the kids were no where to be found. We looked everywhere. The only possible place for them to have gone was the basement. (But when we looked downstairs the door was closed and neither of them can open doors yet) We decided to take a look anyways, and there they were playing with the kitchen. So we decided to bring it up and let them play with it...






They played with it for at least one hour straight. No fighting or anything. They play so well together. (I hope that will always be the case)
THANKS Grandma Sally for the Best present. I know they both LOVED it.

CHRISTMAS EVE:
We always spend Christmas eve at my parents house for dinner and the exchanging of gifts. There are 15 grandchildren.....need I say more!!!! They are all so excited for opening gifts and doing anything else before hand is rushed and a little crazy. But the time finally came....




All the Grand kids got Christmas ornaments from Great Grandma and Grandpa Guyer as they do every year. They are always so cute. I forgot to get a picture of Kinzi with hers. But we love to get those ornaments. THANK YOU Grandma and Grandpa Guyer. (We missed not having you there) Thank your our gift too....I might just add that to what mom and dad got us.
This year from Mom and Dad we all got gift certificates to WINCO (except Todd and I got ours to Costco) for $200.00 so we could add to our food storage. What a great gift. We all loved getting this. I really need to get my food storage going and organized. I've let it dwindle down to nothing since we were moving. (I didn't want to move it so we ate or used most all of it before we moved) So now I can get started again. THANKS!!!

CHRISTMAS MORNING:
So this Christmas morning wasn't one that ended quite like I had hoped for. Instead of waking at 3:30 in the morning for an excited child that just couldn't wait to see what Santa had brought her.....we woke to a crying little girl who I thought had a little tummy ache and was trying to pass gas. (If only that was the case) Instead we got a little girl who threw up all over the recliner and luckily Todd's gifts and not someone else's. So while Todd and I cleaned up the mess, my sister-in-law Tara and Sally gave Kinzi a bath and got her all cleaned up. Luckily she was done after that but trying to go back to sleep was a little difficult for her. So around 5:30 she finally fell back to sleep.
Needless to say our Christmas morning didn't start until around 10:00. That's when Todd, Kinzi and I decided to wake back up from the long night. Unfortunately that made everyone else wait for us. They were very patient and didn't complain. (well at least not to us they didn't)
We had a great Christmas morning. Thanks Todd for the Camcorder. We can finally get some video of Kinzi. I still can't believe we went almost 3 years without one. I know that is something I'm going to regret when she gets older.


Kinzi checking out wants inside her stocking.....


Kinzi didn't have much energy after opening 1 or 2 gifts and decided to rest on the couch with Gummie and her baby doll that Santa had brought her. She was tired. By 1:00 she was out. She sleep for around 4 hours that afternoon. The poor thing. Both her birthday and Christmas she spent sick for 2008. Hopefully 2009 will be much better for her.
I didn't get any pics of Todd with the Wii I surprised him with. (well at least I hope it was a surprise....he said he had no clue, but I'm not sure if he was just trying to make me feel good)
We had a wonderful time and we're so lucky to have a great family.

3 comments:

Kori said...

It looks like you had a great christmas! I thought it was hard having 5 little kids waiting for presents, I can't imagine the chaos with all those kids! but it is so fun to watch them and their excitement.

Hollyween said...

What a fun Christmas! I love that kitchen! I wanted to get Faith one this year, but she seemed a little young. NEXT year for SURE!!

I miss you! Let me know when you can meet up!

Laura said...

He's going to love his Wii...and so will you! It's so fun!! It looks like such a fun time all together!! I can't believe how big your whole family is now when you all get together! How fun!